Please note that information included in this posting is subject to change without advance notice.
All auditions are held at Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
What to Expect during a typical audition
All auditions are conducted at the theater. An audition has some very simple steps.
1) You will be asked to fill out a form including:
- Your contact information
- Any rehearsal conflicts you may have
- Previous theatrical experience
2) You will be required to read a portion of the script alone and/or with others
3) You will be required to show up for the entire schedule audition time. This allows the possibility of teaming up different actors together throughout the process.If the production is a musical: In addition to the above criteria…
1) You will need to come prepared to sing a song of your choice
2) You are required to bring the piano music for accompaniment (no a cappella)
3) You may be asked to learn and perform a few dance steps
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
book by George Furth
Directed by Jennifer Bertoni and Musical Direction by Andrew Bertoni
Show dates are September 4,5,6,7 and 12, 13, 14 and 19, 20, 21.
AUDITION DATES: This show has been cast!
The Woman in Black
by Stephen Mallaratt & Susan Hill
Directed by Dave MacKeigan
Nov 6 – Nov 23, 2014
AUDITION DATES: Monday, Sept 22 — starts at 7:00
Tuesday, Sept 23 – starts at 7:00
Cold readings from the script. Do a prepared dialogue where the actor portrays both roles–2 minutes.
2 men—1 between 40-60 the other between 25-40,
1 female–must be tall.
Will begin rehearsals immediately after casting.
Love, Sex and the IRS
by William Van Zandt & Jane Milmore
Directed by Greg Friedman
Jan 29- Feb 15, 2015
AUDITION DATES: Monday, Nov 10 — starts at 7:00
Tuesday, Nov 11 – starts at 7:00
Cold reading from the scripts.
Female — mid twenties to mid thirties (Kate)
Male — mid twenties to mid thirties (Leslie) — Must be clean shaven
Male — age 40+ (Mr. Jansen)
Male — mid twenties to mid thirties (Jon)
Male — age 45+ (Floyd)
Female — age 45 – 60 (Vivian)
Female — twenties to early thirties (Connie) — Very few lines — willing to work with first timer
Male — age 50+ (Floyd) — Very few lines — willing to work with first timer
by Lyle Kessler
Directed by Judy MacKeigan
Apr 16- May 3, 2015
AUDITION DATES: Sunday, Feb 22– starts at 3:00
Monday, Feb 23 – starts at 7:00
Cold readings from the script.
2 F 45-55 or can portray that age,
one is childlike and sweet and sees the good in everything;
the other bitter, suspicious and bossy and sees everything in a negative light.
1 F 25-35 age range.
2 males—or the double 50-60s,
1 M–bell boy 25-35; has to be energetic.
Rehearsals, tentative start date Monday the 9th.
It Runs in the Family
by Ray Cooney
Directed by Mason Adams
Jul 9- July 26, 2015
AUDITION DATES: TBA