Please note that information included in this posting is subject to change without advance notice.
All auditions are held at Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001
What to Expect
All auditions are conducted at the theater. An audition has some very simple steps.
1) You will be asked to fill out a form including:
- Your contact information
- Any rehearsal conflicts you may have
- Previous theatrical experience
2) You will be required to read a portion of the script alone and/or with others
3) You will be required to show up for the entire schedule audition time. This allows the possibility of teaming up different actors together throughout the process.If the production is a musical: In addition to the above criteria…
1) You will need to come prepared to sing a song of your choice
2) You are required to bring the piano music for accompaniment (no a cappella)
3) You may be asked to learn and perform a few dance steps
Moonlight and Magnolias
Directed by: Brad Sales
Monday, February 3, 2014 at 7 pm
Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 7 pm
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Please being a listing of all scheduling conflicts. There will be no rehearsal on Easter Sunday. Actors portraying male characters must be able to withstand moderately strenuous movement on stage. Cast members must not have peanut allergies !!!
Cast requirements: 3m, 1f, all ages 35-55 years
David O. Selznick – well-known Hollywood producer; driven and somewhat aware that “Gone with the Wind” may secure his legendary stature in film history; suffers from occasional catatonic stupors
Victor Fleming- Hollywood director pulled from “The Wizard of Oz” to take over GWTW; known primarily for his action films, his machismo must take a temporary back seat when he role-plays Prissy
Ben Hecht- Chicago ex-journalist-turned-screenwriter-and-script-doctor; liberal of conscience and cynical of GWTW’s potential for success as a film, he furiously types the re-write of the GWTW script as Selznick and Fleming act out its scenes
Miss Poppenghul – Long-suffering assistant to Selznick; has the inside dope on locating seemingly-endless supplies of bananas and peanuts
For additional information, please contact the director, Brad Sales at email@example.com.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Directed by: Teresa Jenkins Fowler4/28 & 4/29